I spent a great Saturday afternoon in March at the first round NCAA women’s basketball tournament games. What great fun getting to experience a small part of the tournament with my family. I love basketball and realized I need to get to some of the basketball related reads on my to-be-read list. These include Boost by Kathy Mackel which I have had sitting on my bookshelf for a while and a new book by Paul Volponi called Final Four (I love Black and White, one of his other basketball books). Definitely going to try to get to these to in the next month or so.
On another note, I did get lots of books unrelated to basketball finished this month. At the top of the list:
- I’ll be There by Holly Goldberg Sloan
- The Survival Kit by Donna Freitas
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer
These three topped my list of fantastic reads that were impossible to put down. Close behind were:
- Starters by Lissa Price (interesting new dystopian/sci-fi series)
- Ghetto Cowboy by G. Neri (a quickly paced middle grade novel about a father and son)
- Notes from and Accidental Band Geek by Erin Dionne
- The Queen of Kentucky by Alecia Whitaker
- and Paintings from the Cave by Gary Paulsen
Yep! March was a Mad Good Reading month!
In April hoping to get to Article 5, My Name is Not Easy, and Pure.